Calvert Grade 3
Students learn with purpose!
In Grade 3, collaboration is integrated into lessons and projects. Learning will take place on a personal level cultivating a deeper understanding of subjects. The Singapore Math Method continues to build on concepts taught in Grade 2. Reading, writing, and fundamental skills are intertwined so students learn them organically and with purpose.
English Language Arts:
Students read cross-curricular texts to increase subject knowledge and practice complex phonics concepts. They write daily and compose an advertisement about an extreme place to live.
Virtual labs provide an opportunity for students to practice gathering evidence and defending their claims. The Grade 3 curriculum weaves S.T.E.M. skills into lessons to spark a child’s curiosity about these fields. Students learn about plant and animal reproduction, inheritance, and life cycles by devising a plan to save the bee population.
This year, students develop ideas for helping their communities and starting their own business. Project-based learning helps students grasp the concepts of economics. Students learn about civics by developing and implementing a community service project.
Lessons employ active digital resources such as a digital place value chart, used with base-ten blocks to model addition and subtraction, and a digital beam balance to practice mental Math and estimation. Students learn about angles and lines, polygons, and area and perimeter by designing a wildlife sanctuary.
Children learn about warm-up and cool down, water safety, goal setting, nutrition, muscle strength and flexibility and are required to participate in regular physical activity.
Art & Picture Study:
Budding artists learn drawing skills using lines, light sources, and motion while discussing and analyzing famous works of art.
Course content subject to change.
- Quick Checks – auto-graded assessments to gauge understanding
- Math In Focus G3 e-text
- Math In Focus Digi +
- Pearson ReadyGen Library e-texts:
- About Earth
- Below Deck: A Titanic Story
- Brave Girl: Clara & The Shirtwaist Makers Strike Of 1909
- Deep Down & Other Extreme Places To Live
- iopeners Living Through A Natural Disaster
- iopeners What Is Government
- Storm In The Night
- The Case Of The Gasping Garbage
- The Song Of Sky & Sand
- The Year Of Miss Agnes
- Treasure In The Trees
- Pearson ReadyGen Text Collection G3 e-texts
- Pearson ReadyGen Reading Collection G3 e-texts
- HMH Science Dimensions 3 e-text
- HMH ScienceFusion Virtual Labs
- HMH Science Dimensions You Solve It Simulations
- McGraw-Hill – Networks Social Studies: The United States: Communities and Neighbors e-book
- BrainPOP Jr. Interactive Activities
- Discovery Education STREAMING Videos
- MyMath Digital Resources
- Legends of Learning Games